Are you a virtual manager? We’ve got highly actionable tips to get you headed in the right direction.
These are things you must get in the habit of doing regularly or your team’s performance will suffer. Even if you’re an experienced leader, doing it in a remote environment takes a few tweaks to dial it in.
Be sure you also check out Part 1 of this episode (#07).
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Radical Candor by Kim Scott
- The One Minute Manager by Ken Blanchard
- #03 Slack Tips for Virtual Teams
Don’t stress about the agenda. Having a great agenda for a 1-on-1 is way less important than just doing the 1-on-1 in the first place. Remember, these are coaching calls.
If you’re short on ideas or need a jump start to get over that “blank paper” fear, here are some of our favorite questions.
Ang’s favorite questions:
- What did you learn last week?
- What were your big wins?
Deacon’s favorite questions:
- Tell me about your week this week. What’s taking most of your time?
- [describe problem], what are we missing?
Ralph’s favorite questions:
- What can I do to help you?
- What do you have today? Problems, issues, etc.